Ingredients ( 20x20cm or 22-24cm springform pan):
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 bananas, very ripe
- 60g maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, liquid
- 80g peanut butter
- 120 ml plant based milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1/2 vanilla pod, pulp of it
- 200g oats, ground
- 40g cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lemon, zest and juice of 1/2 fruit
- 1 handful pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180ºC top/bottom heat.
- For the faux egg, mix flaxseed with 3 tablespoons water and let swell for 20 minutes.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add liquid ingredients to a blender and blend for a few minutes until homogeneous.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients in the bowl and mix well. Fold in the swollen flax seeds last.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and spread the batter inside, garnishing with chopped pecans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove brownies from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Serve warm or cold.