Ingredients (4 servings) as a side dish:
- 6-8 carrots, halved
for the marinade:
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprica powder, ground
- 1 pinch of cinnamon, ground
- 1 pinch of cilantro, ground
for the yogurt sauce:
- 100 g yogurt
- 1/2 lemon, juice & zest
- 1/4 orange, juice
- dill, fresh
- 3 tbsp pistachhios, roughly chopped
- pomegranate seeds
- pinch of cilantro, ground
- lemon zest
- olive oil
- mit Preheat the oven to 200º C top/bottom heat.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and spread it over the carrots on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the yogurt sauce and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When the carrots are done, spread half of the yogurt sauce in wide stripes on a large rimmed plate. Place the carrots on top and pour the remaining sauce over the carrots.
- Garnish with fresh dill, pistachios, pomegranate seeds, coriander, lemon zest and some olive oil and serve immediately.