- 1 tbsp linseed
- 3 tbsp water
- 250g oats, ground
- 150g cashew nuts, ground
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/4 vanilla pod, pulp of it
- 1 lemon, some zest of it
- 1 pinch of cinnamon, ground
- 3 bananas, very rip
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 75 ml maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 handful pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 banana, halved
- Preheat oven to 180ºC top/bottom heat.
- Mix flax seeds with 3 tablespoons water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Finely grind oats and cashews separately in a high-powered blender.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add all liquid ingredients to a blender and blend for a few minutes until homogeneous.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients in the bowl and mix. Lastly, fold in the swollen flax seeds.
- Line a baking pan with baking paper and pour the mixture into it. If you have a silicone baking pan, you don’t need baking paper. Decorate with the halved banana and the pecans.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the middle shelf for 40-42 minutes.
- Remove and either serve immediately warm or let cool.
The banana bread will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Tip: If you like, you can also add whole nuts (walnuts, almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, etc.) or chocolate drops or some cocoa powder to the dough. There are no limits to your creativity.