Ingredients (4 servings as a side dish or dip):
- 500 g carrots , peeled and cut into slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 TL chili flakes
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 scallion, cut into thin rings
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
for the pickled chilies:
- 1/2 red chili pepper, cut into thin rings
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
for the aromatic ginger oil:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 g ginger, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 tsp caraway
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 pinch of salt
- Combine the chilies with the sugar, salt and white wine vinegar in a small bowl. Mix well and let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Place carrots in a steamer basket (alt. place a strainer on top of the pot) and steam, covered, over high heat for 30-40 minutes, until carrots can be easily pierced with a knife.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat all the ingredients for the aromatic ginger oil for 3-5 minutes until the spices are fragrant. The ginger should turn a light light brown color. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Place the carrots in a blender, add the oil, curry powder, cinnamon and salt and blend until the mixture is reasonably smooth (it should still remain a little chunky).
- Transfer the carrot puree to a plate and press small depressions into it with a small spoon. Spread the aromatic ginger oil over the puree and then drizzle with lemon juice. Finally, garnish with the pickled chilies (drained, without vinegar), scallions and mint.