Ingredients (2 servings as a side dish):
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and shaved with the peeler into thin strips
- 2 tbsp sesame (black & white)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 tbsp balsamico vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup (alt. honey)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- parsley, roughly chopped
- cilantro, roughly chopped
- lemon zest
- Toast the sesame seeds in a small pan without oil until they smell aromatic.
- Whisk together soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and sesame oil in a small bowl. Add 2/3 of the toasted sesame seeds and stir to combine.
- Add the dressing to the carrots and „massage“ it into the carrots with your hands.
- Add half of the herbs to the carrots and toss well.
- Arrange carrots on a large platter, sprinkle with cilantro, parsley and remaining sesame seeds. Garnish with some lemon zest and serve.