- 30 g Ginger, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 tsp coconut blossom sugar
- Place ginger slices in a small pot. Fill the pot halfway with cold water and bring to a boil. Simmer the ginger for 30 minutes, you can watch how the color changes. Always make sure that the ginger is covered with enough water and does not burn.
- Remove the ginger from the water and drain briefly. Set the water aside.
- Return the drained ginger to the pot with a little water so that the ginger is just covered and the brown sugar. Simmer again on medium heat for 30 minutes, adding more water from time to time to prevent the ginger from burning.
- The ginger should now be soft and caramelized. Set aside on a plate to cool before serving.
Tip: Glazed ginger is the perfect topping for every cake like for example my Ginger Lemon Cheesecake.