Ingredients (2 servings):
- 6-8 rice paper, 22 cm diameter
- 100 g glass noodles, cook according to package instructions
- 1 avocado, halved and finely sliced
- 1/2 red bell bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 carrots, cut into thin sticks
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into thin sticks
- 50 g mango, cut into thin strips
- 3 – 4 large lettuce leaves, cut into strips
- 10 g coriander
- 10 g parsley
- 1 handful of mint leaves, fresh
- 1 spring onion, cut into fine rings
- sesame, black and white
- chili flakes
- creamy Peanut Dip
- Cut the vegetables as described above. Arrange all ingredients on a large platter.
- Fill a large shallow bowl with lukewarm water.
- Dip the rice paper in the water for about 10 seconds until it softens a bit. Use your hands to wipe off the water a bit and place it on the plate.
- Place the vegetables, glass noodles, herbs and peanuts on the rice paper one by one. Now gently but fairly firmly fold the bottom end of the rice paper over the vegetables. Then fold the outer sides inward and continue to roll up into a wrap.
- Sprinkle the finished Summer Roll with some sesame seeds and serve with a creamy peanut dip.
Tip: Summer Rolls are great for an evening with friends, because everyone can prepare their own individual Summer Rolls. The rice paper loses its elasticity after some time and then cracks. You should roll the Summer Rolls just before the meal, but of course you can also arrange all the ingredients on the table with the rice paper and everyone can roll themselves. This is even more fun!